Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Soup Is Out!

Hi Culinary-Enthusiasts!

I once quipped, "A Beggar and A Person with no kitchen in possession have one thing in common: They both don't know where their next meal is coming from!". It made me infamous among many but that is O.K. One had to say it anyway!!

My attitude towards cooking is inclined towards, efficiency, innovation, nutrition and adequacy! My motto is not to compromise nutrition just for the looks and maintain logic in all aspects of cooking.

As promised to myself, I let myself take a leap into the world of Soups! I painted it Red! With Tomatoes!

Here is how I did it! But first, let me tell you, if you want to enter the world of Soups and you are also entangled in the Office-Home Cycle, then planning is one of the key aspects of it! Without planning one may drop out of it with the same speed, one leaped into it!

Ingredients:

Red Ripe Tomatoes -- 1 kg.
Garlic -- 8 pieces.
Ginger -- 20 gm.
Onion -- 1 large sized.
Green Chillies -- 4 long and strong ones.
Bread Rusks -- 2 pieces.

Method:

1. While slicing the tomatoes into small pieces, stir-fry the chopped ginger, garlic, onions and green chillies in a non-stick pan until golden brown colour.
2. Add the sliced tomatoes into the pan and mix well and heat it for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the contents into a bowl and pressure cook until 5 whistles.
4. Strain the cooked content with a cotton cloth and preserve the remnants to use it as an additive for future cooking.
5. Add Salt to the strained liquid and heat it to a boil.
6. Serve it to yourself with a bit of black-pepper power and pieces of broken rusks on the top! Store the rest in refrigeration for future use!

I enjoyed a lot while sipping the soup out of the Soup-spoon and inhaling the vapours through the nostrils. I felt a new vigour and heat in the body!! I am gonna love it in the coming days! Now every day would be a celebration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment