Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Encounter With Filter Coffee, A Look back!!

Hi Cooks,

In the beginning I was very fond of Tea. The Milky and Sweet Indian Darjeeling Tea, with Biscuits - salty, creamy or plain Marie - , Rusks and various other snack items! At 1600 hours, of the day,  is also named after this beverage i.e Tea-time! At the same time I used to indulge in a few occasion of instant coffee or Nescafe/Bru, if we recall by Brands!!

But from the past 2 years, I have been captivated by the aroma and taste of the filter Coffee! And now it seems that I am already in love with it! It is now indispensable!

My introduction with it was by accident! Every Saturday, I shop for groceries at the nearest Super-Market. I used to pass by the Coffee section with little interest because I knew there was not much excitement in there, not much happening there too!

Once a green coloured packet grabbed my attention! I thought that what this colour, which is associated with Tea, is doing here in the Coffee section? I picked it up and after a few seconds of dilemma instead of keeping it back, tossed it in the basket!

After reaching home, added two spoons of the same in hot Milk and took a large amount in excitement and anticipation!! Aaaaawwwwww, thuuuuuuuu!!! I spilt it out and belched out the amount which passed the oesophagus! I was in bad condition! What was wrong with this Coffee? I took out the empty packet from the dustbin and read the instructions: "This is Filter Coffee. Please brew it and after filtering add the Coffee to Milk/Sugar". Oh Oh, so this is Filter Coffee which is just crushed Coffee Beans!! I never thought that one day I will encounter it in this manner!
After draining the content from the Coffee Mug, I followed the instructions and Waaaahhhh, it was the beginning of a long and happy relationship!! We are a couple now!!

Happy Drinking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment